Friday, February 17, 2012

Bands, better in concert than on my body.



You can never go wrong with a large gathering of turtles. These are band turtles too!



This band can suck it. Suckity, suck, suck, suck it.


It's Friday and all I can think about is the weekend so you're gonna get the short version. I went on a run yesterday. It was 47 degrees and nasty. Nasty I say! I didn't want to run on the treadmill, although in hindsight, it might have been the smooth move. The wind was blowing and my happiness meter went from moody to totally pissed off by the time I was done. I had no desire to run 7.5 miles on brutal hills in the wind. I did it anyway. I grumbled and cursed the wind, the hills, my quads, life in general. I had a nice pace but I was pissed at that as well. Booo. Hisss. When I reached the top of the hill at mile 7 my IT Band started to rub. My mind did a WTF!? I jogged home and foam rolled. When I was done foam rolling I foam rolled some more. Foam Rolling, it's what winners do.

Packed my bag, and headed to swim class...



I received praise from my coach. YAY!!...I'm no longer swimming like a moron. I've got the stroke down....that's what she said. I'll be bragging soon, stay tuned.....

Left swim, went to a local chicken wing place and indulged in about 6 deep fried wings, with potato wedges and bread. Recovery food....at 10:30 at night. Sometimes I pride myself on making good food choices.

Came home, put my dog to bed and fell asleep playing Hanging With Friends.

13 comments:

  1. I've ITBs more times than I care to mention. For me it's because my glutes are weak. So I have to work work work them :)
    Cute doggy!
    p.s. i've never heard that Matt has a workout program..sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! IT band is just hard to get rid of. Be diligent on the rolling and check the strength of hips sometimes it comes from there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I haven't had IT band issues, I am sure I will someday. Hope yours quits bugging you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE ITB issues. That blows. Hopefully the foam rolling solved the problem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work getting your workouts done!! And I'm so glad to hear other people put their dog to bed, I'm not that cray then? :)...actually I just tell my dog to go to bed and she marches back to my room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing I love more than foam rolling is when my trainer rolls with out with The Stick. Hurts so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did 18 in sleet/rain.....and almost hacked my cookies after particularly disgusting gu. And it was still better than the treadmill ;-D

    Hope the rolling helped. I've been using my kitchen rolling pin (because I'm too lazy to use it for anything else) and it seems to be doing the trick.

    And thing 2 rock starred his swim meet again yesterday! I think he's better than me now. Crap. I am officially the worst in everything at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been insanely lucky avoiding IT band issues but I did have bursitis in my hip once and part of the rehab was foam rolling like a BOSS! I would put on some icy hot, wait 5 minutes and then roll it out. It was a party, let me tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hate hate hate HATE the foam roller. but unfortunately my ITB hates me more so i have to spend too much time with my roller. Why do we do this to ourselves? Crazies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "This band can suck it!" ... baaa haaaaa haaa!

    That made me laugh out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh... I hate IT bands. That's all!

    mmm... chicken wings are good protein! And protein is a great recovery food!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Noooooooo!!!!!!!! Pleeeeaaase say it is feeling better today. You know I hate that band, too.

    You're hilarious BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had my first brush with IT band issues. And to echo your words, It suckity, suck, sucks!!! I'm bowing out of a marathon because this hurts like HECK! I hope your rolling works. Thus far, I've found no relief from resting, icing, rolling, stretching, ibuprofin and cortisone. Good luck with your Band and happy running!

    ReplyDelete